Have you noticed the Year of the Bus sculpture trails around London?
On 24 and 25 January, all 60 New Routemaster bus sculptures will be on display at the Park, fresh from their trails around London. Painted and adorned by well-known artists, the buses have been capturing the imagination of Londoners and visitors since they first went on display in October. This weekend will give a unique opportunity to see the sculptures before they’re auctioned off for charity.
Between 10am – 4pm on both days, there will also be a range of free interactive art and music workshops, live entertainment and fun activities for the whole family including:
- Take-home arts and crafts, face painting and balloons
- Meet some of the artists and see a final bus sculpture being painted ‘live’ over the weekend.
- A chance to view and board a New Routemaster bus
- A chance to hop aboard the restored war time 1914 ‘Battle Bus’, back from its tour of the battlefields of France and Belgium
- The Year of the Bus mobile exhibition which tells the story of the London Bus and looks to its future;
- Live musical entertainment from licensed buskers from the London Underground Busking Scheme
Come along and make sure to tweet us your photos @NoOrdinaryPark!
To find out more about the Year of the Bus sculpture trail, click on the link below: