The temporary garden is located on the corner of Temple Mills Lane and Honour Lea Avenue on Chobham Manor, near Chobham Academy. The garden forms one of our community-led interim use projects and will be open until December 2016.
Following this, a permanent community facility will be built on the Chobham Manor site and the intention is for the mobile garden will move to a new location on the Park.
The aim of the Mobile Garden City is:
- To create a welcoming, beautiful and movable public garden
- Demonstrate the ability to create productive and vibrant community spaces on meanwhile sites
- Provide food growing, socialising and training opportunities for the whole community.
Mobile Garden City was developed from an original concept and design ideas by Public Works and Somewhere. Groundwork London is managing the garden on behalf of Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park.
Mobile Garden City Gardening Activities
Come and enjoy a range free garden activities at the Mobile Garden City - no need to book, just drop in!
Download our summer activities below.
Or why not drop in at any of the following times, every week, to enjoy the garden, put questions to our community gardeners and discover how you can get involved with the Mobile Garden City?
- Mondays from 11am - 6pm
- Wednesdays from 12pm - 7pm
- Fridays from 11am - 6pm
These times may be subject to change and new activities will be added. For the latest activity times and new sessions, contact Sophia.Bromfield@groundwork.org.uk.
How to get involved
Ways to get involved with the garden include:
- Helping to build and create the space
- Growing your own food there
- Enjoying the space for communal eating at our outdoor banqueting table
- Undertaking accredited horticulture training
- Participating in workshops, volunteer days and organised activities
- Opportunities for regular and ad hoc/one off volunteering
- Opportunities to shape the garden’s programme of events and how it is run
- Simply sitting and relax in it!
For any questions or enquiries, including requests for specific times you would like the garden to be open, or activities you would like carried out at the garden, please contact at Sophia Bromfield at Sophia.Bromfield@groundwork.org.uk or on 020 8510 5421.
Mobile Garden City: Project Opportunities
We have an exciting opportunity for new or exisiting projects to be based temporarily at the Mobile Garden City.
If you are interested in having your project on the site please return this form to Sophia.Bromfield@groundwork.org.uk.