A brand new piece of the city, right in the heart of London's East End
Around £300m will be spent on transforming the Olympic site into a new piece of London. This money is spent on
- Clearing Games overlay including temporary venues, walkways and stands.
- Connecting the Park to the surrounding areas with new roads and pathways.
- Completing the Park’s venues to their legacy designs.
£12.5 billion has been invested into the Stratford area by the public and private sectors (not including the cost of building the Park). Examples include:
- £1.45bn project Westfield (employing 10,000 people, at least 2,000 of whom were previously unemployed local people).
- £1.3bn Lend Lease development of the International Quarter
- £200m invested in Stratford Regional Station
- £10million invested in upgrading pedestrian and cycle routes to the Park venues.